is never free. ~Author Unknown
Explosivelyfit Strength Training blog
Join me on LinkedIn
Explosivelyfit Strength Training, LLC
PO Box 35
Nine Mile Falls,
EXPLOSIVELYFIT STRENGTH AND POWER TRAINING INFORMATION FOR THE SERIOUS ATHLETE!
Explosivelyfit focuses on the development of superior strength with the intent to help all drug free athletes reach their true strength potential.
You will get stronger and more powerful using these strength training methods and tips.
Cooling the body for Athletic Performance
The development of a superior athlete takes careful forethought, innovation, dedication, planning, proper training methods, and technology. The latter, in this case, means using cooling apparel that allows higher training intensities due to the cooling effects on the athletes’ body. As will be seen in the following there is a goodly amount of research behind the use of these cooling tools.
- Cooling Vests worn during active warm-up enhances performance & reduces thermal and cardiovascular strain (American Physiological Society)
- Athletes who pre-cool can perform at their highest level, 10 to 20 percent longer than those who don’t (Stanford University)
- Pre-cooling can effectively enhance endurance performance (Sports Medicine)
- Wearing a cooling vest is similar in magnitude to the performance benefit that athletes receive from altitude training (Applied Physiology)
- Run time increased by 17% with pre-cooling (Medical Science Sports Exercise)
- Pre-cooling with a cooling vest allows more work to be performed before fatigue is reached (American Physiological Society)
- Larger muscle gain was registered with cold exposure (American Physiological Society)
- Pre-cooling allows a greater rate of heat storage, with the effect of reducing the rate of rise in core temperature (British Journal of Sports Medicine)
- Pre-cooled athletes were able to sustain higher exercise intensity than controls and it seems that pre-cooling provides a distinct thermal advantage for exercise (British Journal of Sports Medicine)
- Cooling Vest worn during the rest, stretch and warm-up reduced core and skin temperatures, sweat rates were lower and endurance time increased (Massey University, New Zealand)
- After pre cooling, subjects saw an increases in heat storage capacity and distance cycled (Charles Sturt University - Australia)
- Our results indicate that the combination of wearing a cooling jacket and water intake enhances exercise endurance performance in a warm environment because of a widened temperature margin before the critical limiting temperature is reached and also because of decreased thermoregulatory and cardiovascular strain (Hiroshima University - Japan)
- Cooling increased the time taken to reach volitional exhaustion by 13.5% by users who cooled during exercise (Whitelands College - UK)
- After pre-cooling, less blood is sent to the skin, so more oxygen-rich blood goes to the muscles. This results in a lower heart rate running at a given pace, which allows you to maintain a faster pace (Running Times Magazine)
- Most people’s central organs—specifically the liver, kidneys, and intestines—rise above 101 degrees during exercise. When that happens, water and blood begin to leave your muscles and race to the skin in an attempt to cool you down. This depletes the muscles of oxygen and dehydrates them, causing fatigue. Yet while most athletes reach the 101-degree threshold after just 20 to 30 minutes of exercise, recent studies have shown that cooling beforehand can delay the process significantly .
Burning calories faster while losing weight
Introducing a new way to burn calories faster and achieve enhanced athletic performance. Backed by research from many of the world’s leading universities, the KewlFit brand of cooling vests were designed to help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals.
Lose weight with the KewlFit Weight Management Vest that was designed after the Harvard Medical School study that used a 14°C Cooling Vest to stimulate Brown Adipose Tissue. This tissue has been found in adults in the neck, spine and clavicle regions only after exposure to mild cold temperatures. Research shows that activated Brown Adipose Tissue through cool temperatures has the potential to burn several hundred calories a day.
Achieve better results from your training and workouts with the KewlFit Performance Enhancement Vest. This cooling vest was designed after medical research that shows cooling the body prior to, during and after athletic activity results in better endurance, bigger gains and the ability to have a greater heat storage capacity. Athletes in search of a legal athletic edge are now training with the KewlFit PEV.
Cooling the body for Weight Loss
- Brown adipose tissue is responsible for the successful defense of body temperature without shivering (American Journal of Physiology)
- 58°F (14°C) Cooling Vests reliably activate brown fat (Harvard Medical School)
- There is no doubt that active brown adipose tissue is present in adult humans (Obesity Journal)
- Activation of thermogenesis is an anti-obesity tool that can be accomplished in a variety of ways including the recruitment and activation of brown adipose tissue. This method would be the more physiological and a more comfortable way in promoting thermogenesis (Stockholm University)
- Mild cold exposure can prevent increases in body weight (Obesity Journal)
Activated Brown Fat boosts the rate at which we burn calories by 20% (New England Journal of Medicine)
- Activated Brown Fat may burn an extra 500 calories/day (Harvard Medical School) also quoted in interview
- Three ounces of brown fat can burn several hundred calories/day (ObesityInAmerica.org)
A substantial loss of fat is induced by a combination of exposure to cold and exercise (American Physiological Society)
- Brown adipose tissue, depending on its thermogenic activity, may contribute to the control of body fat metabolism in humans (Obesity Journal)
- Activated brown adipose tissue has the potential to contribute substantially to energy expenditure (New England Journal of Medicine)
- Cold-exposure designed to minimize muscle-mediated shivering enhances brown adipose tissue oxidative metabolism as well as glucose and NEGA uptake in adult humans (The Journal of Clinical Investigation)
- When the tissue is active, the uptake in brown adipose tissue is a main utilizer of glucose in the body, perhaps superceded only by the brain. If this correlates with metabolic activity, it is clear that active brown adipose tissue may play a significant role in the metabolism of at least a significant fraction of adult humans (American Journal of Physiology)
- Brown adipose tissue was visible in the neck, supraclavicular region, chest and abdomen under PET-CT scanning only after the subject was exposed to mild cold exposure (New England Journal of Medicine)
Brown Adipose Tissue active using PET-CT scan under cold exposure (right) and not active under non cold exposure (left)
Keep training smart and strong, Danny M. O'Dell, M.A. CSCS*D